Simple connectivity

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

jboflynn

Simple connectivity

Post by jboflynn » Fri May 01, 2020 10:53 pm

Hi Folks,
I'm starting out with a simple topology set-up with a pair of Cisco switches running IOL. I'm running the latest EVE-NG Community edition
I have HSRP configured and can ping each other and see HSRP status for a single VLAN as expected.

However, after connecting Tinycore Linux (or even a VPCS node) onto a port in that VLAN I am unable to ping the endpoint.
I can see the MAC addresses at both ends OK, and Wireshark shows me receiving CDP/VTP packets etc. at Layer 2 on the Tinycore node.

Am I missing something - please see attached simple set-up?

Regards,

Brendan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Simple connectivity

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat May 02, 2020 6:00 am

and what gateway IP is assigned for Tiny and vpcs?

jboflynn

Post by jboflynn » Sat May 02, 2020 9:42 am

Hi Uldis,

The gateway is the HSRP address of Vlan10 - which is contactable between both switches with correct HSRP MAC seen.
I should add that I'm using an EVE-NG VM on Ubuntu 18.04 with KVM Virtual Machine Manager.
The individual ports are access ports in VLAN10.

Thanks,

Brendan

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat May 02, 2020 12:33 pm

On VM ware your lab si working perfect..
I don't remeber if in our supported Hypervisors is mentioned KVM virt-manager
Probably it wrks but not tested fully