I can't access via web GUI when the system date is changed!

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

TurboC

I can't access via web GUI when the system date is changed!

Post by TurboC » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:16 pm

I need to change the system date for a system closed virtualized by QEMU in my network topology, but unfortunately, for this VM, the QEMU option "-rtc base=2093-12-01T00:00:00" didn't work (for the other ones that I use, yes). In my mind I though about two workarounds:

1. change the date via QEMU BIOS.
2. change the date via ubuntu (I mean the main system where EVE-NG is installed).

for the first one, I couldn't find a way to get access to the BIOS, .. any idea about it? is there a QEMU option in order to access the BIOS at the stratup? I tried to type F1/F2/F11/F12 at the boot, but the VM is too fast.

for the second one, I simply changed the date using the command "timedatectl set-time 2093-12-01" but when I did it, the web GUI returned me at the login web page. there I can't do anything, because it doesn't work, I can type my credentials, but the button "Sign in" doesn't do anything. this issue appers only when the date is very later in time, if I use another date like "2029-01-01" all works, but I don't want to use this date. how can change the system date without issues whith the web gui of EVE-NG?

rusty725

Re: I can't access via web GUI when the system date is changed!

Post by rusty725 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:53 pm

reverse your changes

TurboC

Post by TurboC » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:38 am

ok but, why is there this behaviour by th EVE-NG web serever? and how can I change the system date of a single VM virtualized in the EVE-NG topology? how can I access the BIOS? I need to find a solution.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:48 am

It works adding at the end to the qemu line:
-rtc base=2019-07-31T00:00:00

But you cannot set future, there is no logic of such
Only time of past will work.
This is useful and tested on qemu nodes where License was issued for some period in past.
Example Nokia devices etc