Management(Cloud0) No outside connectivity

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

rraidernc

Management(Cloud0) No outside connectivity

Post by rraidernc » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:11 pm

Hello,
I'm running eve on an ESXi VM and it is connected to my VM Network which is where other VM's reside on the same management network. If I'm ssh'd in to the eve VM itself, it can ping the management gateway, other VM's on the management network, and my network nodes in the actual eve topology connected to the Management(Cloud0) Network. The nodes themselves can ping each other and the eve management address but can't ping the gateway for that same network or other VM's on the same management network.
Is there some fw setting on the eve server that needs to be disabled in order for the Management(Cloud0) to let pings or other traffic through? I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.

Thanks,
rraidernc

rusty725

Re: Management(Cloud0) No outside connectivity

Post by rusty725 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:58 am

You need to open Networking and in Vswitch Security enable all 3 options. Reboot Eve if it's running. If you have multiple vmnics then follow this guide https://www.eve-ng.net/wp-content/uploa ... f#page=171
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.