EVE-NG 5.0.1-129-Pro Not retaining Name/Prefix of nodes

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

rritch

EVE-NG 5.0.1-129-Pro Not retaining Name/Prefix of nodes

Post by rritch » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:29 pm

I am running 5.0.1-129-PRO in our company lab and I am having an issue with the Name/Prefix of nodes not being retained when I change it after adding a node to a lab. When I first change and save it the new name will display correctly, but if I edit the node again, reload the page in my browser or log out and log back in it no longer displays the name I changed it to. Sometimes it will go back to the default Name/Prefix from the template and other times it will change to the node number. For example I will change a Juniper vEX node Name/Prefix from the default vEX from the template to J-vEX-01 and click save. It will then display the name as J-vEX-01 in the topology. If I reload the browser, edit the node again, or log out and log back in, it will no longer be J-vEX-01 in the topology it will either be vEX or Node X. If I edit the node it will show either vEX or Node X name in the Name/Prefix field instead of J-vEX-01. I can change it and save and it will again display the new name until I reload, etc.

I have already searched the forums and google but have not found anything similar to what I am experiencing. I am also running community version 5.0.1-19 on my personal server that is the same hardware as the one running the Pro Version in our lab and it is not having this issue. This is a new server that we just setup and licensed for my companies lab environment. It is running on a Dell PowerEdge R710 server with dual Intel Xenon L5640 6 core CPU, 128G RAM, and 6 2TB SAS HDD configured RAID 5. The server was installed from .ISO and all images have been manually added, not from a restore of a backup from a previous server. Any suggestions of what is causing this issue and how to resolve? We are planning to use this server for training, rapid solutions development, and testing and it will complicate things if we are not able to display the correct node name on the topology.

rusty725

Re: EVE-NG 5.0.1-129-Pro Not retaining Name/Prefix of nodes

Post by rusty725 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:37 pm

open Eve Web in incognito mode and try changing names.

rritch

Post by rritch » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:46 pm

Unfortunately that did not resolve it. I attempted with both Firefox and Chrome and got the same results.

rritch

Post by rritch » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:24 pm

I figured it out. The names that I was using had spaces in them and that is why it would not save them. Just figured I would post the solution in case anyone else ever runs into this.