ARP issue with EVE

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

seb

ARP issue with EVE

Post by seb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:26 pm

Hello, I encounter ARP issue, if we take an example with a router R1 (11.11.11.1/24) located outside of EVE and R2 (11.11.11.2) virtualized in EVE (CSR1000V), ping doesn t work. If I add on router R1 arp 11.11.11.2 ... .... arpa and on R2 arp 11.11.11.1 .... .... arpa then that's work ! If I take another example with R3 located also outside of EVE, using another interface on R1, ping works but If I put R1 interface in a VRF that doesn't work. Like with the first example, I have to add arp vrf .... on both equipment :cry: . And a last example, if I want to add another vNIC on EVE (I had two vNic), MAC addresses are mixed on EVE and I am obliged to reconfigured all interface. Do you already hear about that ?

Thanks in advanced for your help,

Regards,

Seb

Uldis (UD)

Re: ARP issue with EVE

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:04 pm

looks like ESXi issues,
and try not CSR but some other Router...

if still in problems visit live chat lets talk..

UD

http://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk

seb

Post by seb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:54 am

Hello UD, thanks for your answer. Which other router do you propose please (Cisco ) ? I would to have something similar as CSR1000V ( I have created a topic about a demand with ISRV vRouter). Moreover I have the same issue with my linux VM (kali linux) virtualized on EVE so I don't think that's come from CSR1000V.

Regards,

Seb

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:53 am

vIOS maybe....

for me best results gave CSR 3.17.04 image..
works like charm...

seb

Post by seb » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Hello, I was in contact with Vmware guy in order to try resolve my issue. And it's seem that come from EVE VM ... Here you can see his feedback :

"Our findings shows that all looks good one the ESXi host side and external network.
L2 connectivity goes out, is reaching target and we are getting it back to the VM adapter, further on is only Guest OS and this issue should be investigated with Guest OS/application vendor."

Regards,

Seb