2 pro questions - copy/paste and wireshark

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

fooooo

2 pro questions - copy/paste and wireshark

Post by fooooo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi Uldis/Team- I recently upgraded to pro and have a couple questions.

-When using the HTML 5 desktop, is it possible to copy/paste from my local computer to the virtual linux desktop? A quick google makes it sounds like Guacamole has a clipboard to act as an intermediary, but unless I'm blind I don't see that when logging in via multiple browsers.

-Looking at feature comparison, and also from testing, it doesn't look I can do a wireshark capture to my local computer anymore? I have to go through the docker console or let the web native interface launch an rdp session from my local computer - is that correct?

Other than those 2 questions - pro seems pretty great so far - love the ability to keep 2 labs open and hot-linking makes topology changes so much easier - keep up the good work!

Uldis (UD)

Re: 2 pro questions - copy/paste and wireshark

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Will be videos soon about PRO features, how to use different consoles.
HTML desktop is specific but nice feature where you save all your stuff on Linux desktop, BUT, it has connection with your native PC and you will be able exchange files from to.

you are able copy/send files from your native PC to virtual linux..
Special guacamole Thin client is in use for this
Let me bit time I will create video for it.

Wireshark is integrated now, but you can save captured files straight to your desktop, to analyze it later locally if need.
Wireshark opens in RDP session, live capture, but you can save this file on local pc..

As well I will show in videos..

All answer on your questions are positive, we do :)

And multicfg video will follow

UD