vSRX-NG: Failed to start node (12)

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

gruff

Post by gruff » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi All

I have the following error when trying to start a Juniper vSRX within eve-ng:

I've successfully installed eve-ng into a VM using VMware Workstation on a Windows PC and had vSRX working previously, but I'm getting this error after installing eve-ng into an LXC container on Ubuntu; Ubuntu version . I used the following guide to install eve-ng into the LXC container: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ent=safari

...sorry, its a google cached page as the site seems to be unavailable at the moment.

I've tried running a privileged and unprivileged container but get the same result. I've search high and low on Google but can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to Linux so I'm not sure where I find logs to investigate further.
This is my host system (intel i5, 8GB RAM):

Description: Ubuntu 16.10
Release: 16.10
Codename: yakkety

This is my container:

Description: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Gareth

ecze

Re: vSRX-NG: Failed to start node (12)

Post by ecze » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:48 pm

It is simply not supported.
Eve require full access to OS and cannot work into a LXC.

E.

gruff

Re: vSRX-NG: Failed to start node (12)

Post by gruff » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:58 am

Ahh I see, I guess that was a simple solution! :lol:

My colleague had recommended installing it into an LXC container and I just went with the it; I didn't think to check if it was a compatible configuration. Thank you.

Gareth