Can't export configs to create baseline lab config

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

ryanf

Can't export configs to create baseline lab config

Post by ryanf » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:23 am

Are we not able to export configs at all in the Community Edition?

I just need to have a baseline config for each of the labs I'm working on. Then, when I'm through working on the lab, I want to simply revert the configs to my baseline config.

In the http://www.eve-ng.net/features/features page, it lists that import/export configs should be available in the Community Edition, but it doesn't look like the menu items are available in mine. (I'm running community edition) For example, when I right-click a CSR-1000v router, "Export CFG" isn't listed.

I've tried to solve this problem myself by spending hours looking through the videos and the cookbook, but I'm still at a loss.

Thanks in advance

Uldis (UD)

Re: Can't export configs to create baseline lab config

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:17 am

:)
it works but just one cfg set vs EVE Pro.
please check here
http://www.eve-ng.net/documentation/how ... figuations
Watch video provided in this link.

UD

ryanf

Re: Can't export configs to create baseline lab config

Post by ryanf » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Thanks a ton for your quick reply!

My issue was that I wasn't seeing the menu items for managing CFGs. (Either the "more actions" menu or by right-clicking individual nodes)

But I figured out my issue--I had my lab locked. I thought locking the lab was only for keeping icons from accidentally being moved around. I didn't realize it would keep me from being able to manage configs.

It's all good now, thanks!