Unable to ping or connect through cloud

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

Gaz

Unable to ping or connect through cloud

Post by Gaz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:45 pm

Hey all thanks for all the good work but I have an issue since moving to EVE.

If I connect a device to Cloud0/pnet0 the device will pickup an IP address from DHCP from my physical DHCP server but I will be unable to ping or connect to that device inbound from my 'real' device or outbound from the EVE device.

I have fired UNL back up and it works fine connecting to the same pnet0 cloud using the same devices virtually.

I am running EVE and UNL on an ESXi 6.0 box. I have checked and enabled promiscuous, forged transmits etc to no avail. I have checked the EVE and UNL network settings in ESXi and they appear to be identical.

Wondering if the underlying Ubuntu is blocking it somehow? Looking forward to getting this sorted.

Cheers

Gaz

Uldis (UD)

Re: Unable to ping or connect through cloud

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:32 pm

NO, EVE and Ubuntu does not block anything. Same settings used on UNL or EVE and works great . I confirm it.
Tested on Esxi 6.0, 6.5
Recheck again your vmnet settings

d_b

Re: Unable to ping or connect through cloud

Post by d_b » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:29 pm

I'm happily bridging between a lab and outside world across Cloud connection that goes via pnet1 (no ip address is assigned to it) which is connected to a port group on a distributed vswitch on ESXi 6.0 then VLAN trunk over dedicated uplink card to upstream physical switch. This port group is configured for promiscuous mode. EVE itself is still managed via pnet0 which has static address assigned since initial install. In my setup it happens to hang off a port on a standard switch.