How to use Emulated Virtual Environment Pro version ?

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

irena22

Re: How to use Emulated Virtual Environment Pro version ?

Post by irena22 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:14 am

Hi there!

Thanks for the reply. If EVE-NG is capable of running VXLAN overlays, I may consider.

" Dont mess EVE-NG and cloudmylab, those are 2 different companies with different products". - not sure I follow.
The questions was about the Pro EVE-NG version. You said
"1. we have already partners who offer rack hosted eve. EVE-NG doesn't have any local client, like it is in VIRL, but remote access to EVE servers we are using web browser. It can be used combining local installed telnet program (Putty), Wireshark, vnc or simply total clientless access using browser only.
EVE-NG partner hosted services in cloud:
https://cloudmylab.com/eve-ng/ "

So, if EVE-NG and cloudmylab are 2 different things, what is EVE-NG Pro then? If I want Pro version, where do I go?

Here is from https://cloudmylab.com/eve-ng/#what's-included?

All EVE-NG Hosted Service Purchase comes with 2 Instances

EVE-NG Server Instance ( Bare Metal or Virtualized)
Jump Box (Windows Management workstation to access the server instance)
Some basic Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR are pre-installed as a part of the package. These images are available at Cisco.com for Evaluation use.

The last line implies vendor contract in place, if not, violation of license usage.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi, Irena..
Hoping you will understand now.

EVE-PRO is just advanced version of our software what you can install on your pc or server or cloud , your choice.

IT is software/platform, no images and nothing loaded in it,,, If you want load some, do yourself, read how to in our page.
Subscription 100usd/year is for new features which during the subscription period you will receive as updates, but NOT images.
EVE community we did same way, until we developed it, we had released updates and bug fix all the time, and user was asked, just update your EVE newest version.
EVE PRO will be same way, but with promised road map features and of course bug fix....

EVE-PRO is software, like Linux versions free or paid. EVE is not cloud !!!
Hosting is not related for EVE-NG here....
EVE-PRO will be available soon to buy, just license/yearly activation.
Install EVE-PRO where you want, using license above.

IT IS not subscription to cloud, its just our program/software....buy and get updates for a year...
Updates means new features upgrade for PRO

that's it
and no hosting..

regards
Udis

irena22

Post by irena22 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:27 am

Hi Uldis,

On Oct 26,2017 ( see above posts), you wrote:

Out: early 2018
Price: approx 100 -120 USD annual subscription
How: License based for single install.

On Feb 05,2018, you wrote:

Subscription 1000usd/year is for new features

So, which one is true? Or, the price has gone up?

Thanks!

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:30 am

Hi Irena,

Sorry 1000/year was typo mistake, I corrected.

100-120 USD/yearly is true.100USD plus your country VAT. It is one EVE installation license.

Product is EVE PRO software. Installable on any of your PC or server. No any vendor images included.

Subscription means that during this year you have license which activate your EVE PRO. Use it in full power.
Question will be why annual, well, because, we don't stop EVE developement, and roadmap is long list of features which comes after PRO release.
EVE PRO license owner will get all EVE Pro updates for free (included in this subscription).

EVE Pro itself you will be able to test before decide to go for such 100 USD subscription.
EVE-PRO will be available to download in our site for free, install and test. Just as PRO demo it will be limited in nodes what you can run. 2 nodes only.
It is enough for test features offered in EVE Pro.

Regards
UD

P.S. I have attached one PDF which compare EVE versions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

irena22

Post by irena22 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Got it! thanks

irena22

Post by irena22 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Hi Uldis,

qq. Reading the VXLAN lab documents you posted:

Lab IS HEAVY. In the workbook are given notes about which images used and what resource it need.
I ran this lab on ESXi EVE VM, x20 vCPU and 64G RAM.

What is your recommendation for HW (minimum) to run EVE-NG freely? I need overlays in the majority. For VXLAN, Spines do not need to be NXOS, Spines can be anything that is capable of doing BGP, so I can save some resources there. Also, does EVE-NG support ACI? It should be, right?

Thanks!
Irena

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Obviously it is server.
I have older one DELL R610 Dual Xeon X5680 (24 threads) with 96G RAM, SHDD HDDs, 2T.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-PowerEdg ... SwRJ9XhWH5

Esxi 6.0 on it and EVE as VM machine. Present days such box cost about 1000-1500usd in ebay.

Best result are if you can dedicate one server totally for EVE and run it bare install. It means no esxi but straight Ubuntu linux with EVE on it. Then resource could be a bit less.
What to advice for PC user, well just smaller labs to test technology.
Like, it could be i7 3770 CPU, but desktop model which have 8 threads on CPU. and 32G RAM. But it is bare line where I suppose this NXOS 9K would work.
We are not guilty for Cisco image requirements for Nexus 9k or XR images.
Single NX9K node need x2 CPU treads and 8G RAM !
Heavy nodes need heavy source.
Just did test on my desktop, i7 CPU 3770 with 32 G RAM box, EVE VM itself assigned 8/1 CPU (threads) and 16 G RAM.
Good job did our EVE feature UKSM, RAM consumption inside EVE when you can run more than image RAM require.
See pic below, running, x4 NX9K which require each x2 threads of CPU and 8G RAM, so it should be 32G RAM on EVE assigned, but I have only 16G RAM !!! See output status from EVE below.
Laptop CPU models are weaker, so you would be able run 2-3 NXOS max.
The major driver for EVE is CPU.

ACI, I have didn't try yet, but I suppose it could be success. As i know it is running as VM machine, this means with probability of 95% we can run it inside EVE.

Regards
Uldis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.