Start-up Configs

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

Pcpaulh

Start-up Configs

Post by Pcpaulh » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:14 am

Hi, I'm running my topology from exported configs on startup. All of the devices appear to boot up correctly but the vast majority show in the topology with the little clock underneath them (as per video 9). The configs are being loaded correctly. I've left it for 30 minutes but no change.
The VM has 48G and 6 cores assigned to it so I don't think its a resource issue.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Start-up Configs

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 am

mismatch in configs which probably router cannot read from your copied cfg as startup-cfg.
Advice:
1. run clean wiped node
2. copy from cli this cfg to router
3. wr
4. export to startup
5. set node boot from exported
6. wipe node
7. start node

If they are CSR, dont forget about script timeout, as per my video 9

Pcpaulh

Post by Pcpaulh » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi, thanks. Followed instructions exactly. It is the CSRs I'm having the clock symbol issue with, the XRVs are fine. I'm assuming the script timer is 300 seconds, is that 300 seconds per CSR to load the configs? If so that's a max for all of my CSRs of 50 minutes. I've waited 60 minutes and they all show the clock still BUT have loaded the full startup config that I exported. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:34 am

no sir, please watch video 9 again about cfg exports.
300 sec is timer on node when it waiting load cfg.
But your case, that clock does not change to triangle is wrong config issue and only.
Advice start clean CSR copy this cfg to cli, then save and export cfg.
Such way you will be sure that startup cfg 100% match your scr version and node.
i showing this in my video 9

Pcpaulh

Post by Pcpaulh » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:36 am

Hi, thanks for you patience. I will start with a brand new topology but I did exactly the same method with the 4 XRvs in my topology and they work perfectly, do the CSRs behave differently within EVE?

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:49 am

no it does not, same as XR.
Just sensitive on configuration...so if to follow my given steps above, all should be ok

Pcpaulh

Post by Pcpaulh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:29 am

Morning, I have started with a brand new topology and followed along step by step with the video. The topology has 10 CSRs all connecting in to a Bridge network (INE.com topology). I always select all devices in the topology whenever exectuing one of the steps (i.e. start all nodes, extract configs, wipe). I always 'WR' on the console of each device.
When I start the routers up, some of them finish with the triangle and the config loaded and some of them have the clock even the the config is fully loaded.
The initial configs are copied into the consoles of each of the routers from Notepad in exactly the same way. Steps are:

1.Build topology
2.Start all routers up
3.When all routers have fully booted copy config into consoles and issue 'wr' to save config.
4.Export all configs
5.Set all nodes startup cfg to exported
6.Wipe all nodes
7.Start all nodes.

All nodes boot correct configs but not all have triangle.
Capture.JPG
When I stop all nodes, those that had the clock change to a triangle with a '!' in it and I have to wipe those nodes again.
Capture2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:32 am

new video is posted about cfg...
http://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/documentation/howto-s-2
video 09
triangle with ! mark means node is not wiped and stopped untill it booted fully

Pcpaulh

Post by Pcpaulh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:36 am

Hi, watched video but can't see how it has changed to reflect my problem. Have wiped all nodes and restarted them, now only one CSR showing with triangle, all others show with clock symbol. All nodes do have config correctly loaded as before.
clocks.JPG
The triangle ony appears once I have stopped all the nodes.
Nodes stopped.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pcpaulh

Post by Pcpaulh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Possible Bug in EVE? If I start the nodes individually, the first seven boot fine and display the triangle however the last three boot up and still display the clock. Does it matter that the clock is diplayed if the config is loaded as it should be?