NexusOS,BIGIP and Fortigate not working

Moderator: mike

sfaiz13

NexusOS,BIGIP and Fortigate not working

Post by sfaiz13 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi Experts ,
I have installed community based EVE and its basic functionality is working perfectly fine with IOL/IOU cisco devices and i can easily open via putty but for some reason Nexus7k , Nexus 9k , BIGIP f5 and fortigate i installed it fully the process mentioned in eve and created separate directory for every image in /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu but on lunching these devices in notification it says started but even after waiting 15-20 minutes devices are not changing color or basically not starting bit not giving any error .
I am using vmware workstation with 16 cores and 64 GB Memory for EVE-VM but even then its not working .Please let me know what exactly i am missing or where to troubleshoot attaching screenshot for reference.

Regards
Faiz.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sfaiz13

Re: NexusOS,BIGIP and Fortigate not working

Post by sfaiz13 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:31 pm

attaching remaining screenshots for reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:44 am

what version of VM ware is used?
min is 12.5

Second, make sure you had enabled on EVE VM CPU Intel VT-X/EPT function. Re-watch video about eve ova deploayment
https://www.eve-ng.net/documentation/in ... ne-install

Thrid, make sure your anti virus is not inspecting virtualization..
Q: Why Qemu nodes are slow on my I7 64G ram ?
A: Typically, Antivirus deep inspection slows down Vmware Workstation and Virtual machines. Last observation was that even nodes (vIOS, CSR) running on EVE were under AV inspection. Avoid using AV on Vmware binary.
It must be disabled

sfaiz13

Post by sfaiz13 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 am

Thanks a lot Uldis after enabling CPU Intel VT-X/EPT function its working perfect.

Regards
Faiz.