EVE-NG Vmware performance degradation issue

Moderator: mike

DDE_Server

EVE-NG Vmware performance degradation issue

Post by DDE_Server » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi Gents,
i am creating labs with EVE-NG using Vcloud director "to be accessible for other users" by creating nested VMware inside it . the vcloud is Windows Server 2016 + vmware workstation installed. There are a huge performance degradation in the nested VM despite increasing the VMware workstation to it is maximum resource “ the RAMs are being raised to 64 GB and CPU to 16 “ also the Vcloud resources have been raised to “128 GB of RAMs and 35 CPU “C partition is 900 GB/D:300 GB” without any significant change for node operation performance inside the lab. increasing the resources did not solve the problem .Also increasing the mode resources “ I increased a server Node to 16 GB RAMs/2 CPU “ without any change also this is not good approach as if many nodes are running at the same time this will exhaust all Vmware resources “Which is limited by the above max limitations” .• This performance issue appears as sluggish opening for node native consoles with very low response time for keystrokes to reflect inside the console and make changes inside it is very slow and take a lot of time which is not reliable for making changes in lab and will take a lot of time to do them.2. Also there is a problem in transferring files from outside the node console to inside it. VNC launcher does not support copying pasting files into it “only copying text and l tried that also and did not work in my case” .also using html5 console is also very slow.
anyone has any idea about the root cause of this problem and how to solve them
Thanks and happy new year :) :)