new install-- unable to access the new devices via CLI

Moderator: mike

mrome74

new install-- unable to access the new devices via CLI

Post by mrome74 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:53 pm

Hello.
I just installed EveNg. I did not install the service pack on the remote EVENG linux box, because I already have installed on my Windows workstation most service pack items such as Putty.

I installed the ASAV, the ISRv, and the NExus9k virtual images.
When I click on the ISRv or the Nexus9k, nothing happens.
On the ASAv when I click it, a telnet session tries to open to the IP address of the Linux server on which EVENG is installed.

Why is this happening? How can I enable the expected functionality in which the session is opened via a console connection?

Thank you.

Uldis (UD)

Re: new install-- unable to access the new devices via CLI

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:58 am

No Idea about what service pack are you talking about to install on EVE-NG. on eve host no need install anything.
First try if you at least properly has loaded images, you can try html console first
but, if you cannot access to your nodes even using http console, then issues are:
1. images is not loaded properly and not running
2. you have not full access to remote EVE server
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nicord

Re: new install-- unable to access the new devices via CLI

Post by nicord » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:59 am

mrome74 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:53 pm
Hello.
I just installed EveNg. I did not install the service pack on the remote EVENG linux box, because I already have installed on my Windows workstation most service pack items such as Putty.

I installed the ASAV, the ISRv, and the NExus9k virtual images.
When I click on the ISRv or the Nexus9k, nothing happens.basketball stars unblocked
On the ASAv when I click it, a telnet session tries to open to the IP address of the Linux server on which EVENG is installed.

Why is this happening? How can I enable the expected functionality in which the session is opened via a console connection?

Thank you.
If you have not installed the service pack on the remote EVE-NG Linux box, then you will not be able to use the console connection feature. The service pack includes a number of updates that are required for the console connection feature to work properly.

To enable the console connection feature, you need to install the service pack on the remote EVE-NG Linux box. You can download the service pack from the EVE-NG website.

Once you have installed the service pack, you will need to restart the EVE-NG server. After the server has restarted, you should be able to open console connections to the ISRv and Nexus9k devices.