Definition and Clarification

Moderator: mike

jazzper

Definition and Clarification

Post by jazzper » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 am

Hi,

I've been taked to research EVE-NG for our corporation for a lab environment.

One question that keeps coming up is multiuser. What does multiuser mean in the context of EVE-NG?

Does this mean a topology created can be used simultaneously by multiple users? Say, I wish to create topologies for two locations (on separate servers), connect them together and every team member can connect the one topology and perform tests? Or does each user have his own everyone and share their topologies?

Management would like a test or lab environment where everyone has his own account and can work in the test/lab enviroment, just like they would on the aktual network.
The concept is to mirror the network or parts of the network in a virtual environment, so that tests, pocs or upgrades can be made.

It is important that everyone has access with their own account.

If someone could clarification the expression multiuser, I am very thankful

Regards,

jazzperson

Uldis (UD)

Re: Definition and Clarification

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 pm

read section 4 in our cookbook
http://www.eve-ng.net/images/EVE-COOK-BOOK-1.0.pdf

for detailed discussion visit our live chat:
http://www.eve-ng.net/live-helpdesk
use google account or create new chat account to join.
Find me: UD-EVE

UD

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:44 pm

jazzper wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 am
Hi,

I've been taked to research EVE-NG for our corporation for a lab environment.

One question that keeps coming up is multiuser. What does multiuser mean in the context of EVE-NG?

Ans UD: Multiuser means simultaneously access to EVE in own user account and work with it paralelly with other members. Each user has own account and do not disturb each other. example single lab can be put in shared folder and every user can run it, but all settings, configs for every user will be own. Its like user profile where is stored his work.

Does this mean a topology created can be used simultaneously by multiple users? Say, I wish to create topologies for two locations (on separate servers), connect them together and every team member can connect the one topology and perform tests? Or does each user have his own everyone and share their topologies?
Ans UD: separate eve servers can be interconnected and labs as well using cloud interfaces. Just need follow if users are in diff pods (user account pod nr), this will avoid MAC address duplications.

Management would like a test or lab environment where everyone has his own account and can work in the test/lab enviroment, just like they would on the aktual network.
The concept is to mirror the network or parts of the network in a virtual environment, so that tests, pocs or upgrades can be made.
Ans UD: yes, just all users participate in such network must be in different POD numbers assigned, then using cloud interface, all can interconnect between own labs.

It is important that everyone has access with their own account.
Ans UD, yes every user has own account on eve.

If someone could clarification the expression multiuser, I am very thankful

Regards,

jazzperson

jazzper

Post by jazzper » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the information.

This will definitely help .

Have a nice weekend.