EVE-NG Professional

Moderator: mike

jhon

EVE-NG Professional

Post by jhon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:44 pm

Hello Eve-NG,

I was wondering if someone can help me with some information about the purchase process. I am interested in buying the license but I don't understand the benefices o what cover the cost, on the other hand, I was checking the website but I don't sure if the cost is separately or together the website show :

EVEN-NG PRO BASE-1 (YEAR LICENSE) $ 112.40

This license unlocks all Pro features and two active Administrator accounts sessions.
EVE-PRO allows up to 128 accounts to be created but restricts the number of active sessions, per role, to the licensed amount. To increase the number of simultaneous account sessions, please purchase additional licenses below

EVE-NG PRO Administrator - 1 Year License $ 112.40
This license unlocks one additional active session for the Administrator role.
The Administrator role can manage everything in EVE-NG without restriction.
This includes creating, deleting, and modifying all folders, labs, nodes and accounts.
The Administrator is the only role that can create or modify accounts.

EVE-NG PRO Editor - 1 Year License $397.39
This license unlocks one additional active session for the Editor role.
The Editor role is restricted to a personal folder and is authorized to create, delete, or modify additional folders, labs, and nodes within it.

EVE-NG PRO User - 1 Year License $ 340.62
This license unlocks one additional active session for the User role.
The User role is restricted to a personal folder and is only authorized to start, stop, and wipe nodes. An Administrator account is required to manage folders and labs within a Users folder.

The questions are:

1) What do you mean by this statement " EVE-PRO allows up to 128 accounts to be created but restricts the number of active sessions, per role ", I don't understand If all 128 users account cannot be used at the same time?

2) If I buy the license can I download different images from different vendors?

3) What support service are include?

4) Once I finish the year of the license and If I decide not to renew, what happens with my labs?

5) Are upgrades free?

6) What do you mean by this statement " This license unlocks one additional active session for the User role."

&) What are the advantages of EVE-NG Professional over EVE-NG community in respect to the user interface?

Uldis (UD)

Re: EVE-NG Professional

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Hello,
Answer to your 1. question
The keyword in the EVE licensing system is simultaneous sessions to the EVE GUI.
What does it mean?
Example 1: The A Base pro license has included 2 admin (role) rights accounts. Literally it means that 2 users can have active session (same time) to the EVE and work with it simultaneously. Each user has own pod and do not disturb each other. They have own profiles.
Even lab is used the same, configurations and processes are separate from each user. Resource usage in the EVE server of course will summary all running nodes by all users. CPU, RAM and HDD.
Restriction of 128 accounts, is EVE database restriction, you can create up to 128 accounts (PODS). POD is like user profile where it saves his labs and their configs.
Therefore, you can create 128 user accounts, but online connected sessions will be only 2. In case if you have bought only Base Pro license.
EVE PRO workbook, section: 4
http://www.eve-ng.net/images/EVE-COOK-BOOK-1.6.pdf

If you wish more than 2 users to be online in the same time connected to your EVE, then it is user license related.
Example 2:
1. Base eve pro (2 admin rights) x1
2. Administrator Pro lic (admin rights) x2
Will allow 4 users (admin rights) to be connected to that EVE and run labs. 4 simultaneous users (admin rights) can have connections and using EVE in the same time.
Example 3:
1. Base EVE pro (2 admin rights) x1
2. EVE Editor rights x1
3. EVE user rights x2
Such model allows to have same time connections to the EVE:
2 admin rights users, 1 editor rights user, and 2 users/student rights users. Totally 5 users can have same time connections to the EVE but with different access rights.

Answer to your question 2.
You must have you own vendor accounts to download images. Cisco, Juniper whatever. EVE has information what format images are supported and how to prepare those images for use. It is illegal to distribute other vendor images with EVE platform.
http://www.eve-ng.net/documentation/supported-images
http://www.eve-ng.net/documentation/howto-s

Answer to your 3. question
Live Help Desk. We have Live Chat, almost 7x24 follow the sun way. Different time zones.
For EVE pro users we have priority channel where you can have information, advice and how to.
We do support remotely if necessary, to check EVE faults or advice for setup.
You can join right now to chat with our EVE experts. Use Google account or create new for join in chat.
http://www.eve-ng.net/live-helpdesk
Of course, support emails we have as well.

Answer to your 4. Question.
Labs will survive. If you decide do not renew license you can roll back to free EVE Community version anytime. EVE pro features used in the labs will disappear in community version but labs will work.

Answer to your 5. Question
During valid licence period all update/upgrades to the newest EVE versions are free.

Answer to your 6. Question
Look at 1. Answer. Simultaneous sessions to the EVE are user licence related.

Answer to your 7. Question
http://www.eve-ng.net/features/compare

Regards
Uldis
EVE-NG

jhon

Re: EVE-NG Professional

Post by jhon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Hello Uldis,

Thank you so much for your answer.