How to mount a volume in a docker container?

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

TerpEE93

How to mount a volume in a docker container?

Post by TerpEE93 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:02 pm

Good morning,

I have containers running in my EVE Pro instance, and I just pulled down the latest Nginx container. I'd like to mount a directory on my EVE server as a volume in the container, but I don't see documentation to describe how to do that. The startup config runs commands inside the container after it boots. I need something to set command line arguments on the "docker run" command -- some way to start the Nginx container equivalent to "docker run --name some-nginx -v /some/content:/usr/share/nginx/html:ro -d nginx". Is this possible?

Thanks!

-- Greg

dariasmith

Re: How to mount a volume in a docker container?

Post by dariasmith » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:03 am

In my case I had accidentally mapped a directory from the host to a file in the container. Restarting the container didn't work anymore. I had to remove the container (docker rm …), then recreate it. tunnel rush

soralroy

Post by soralroy » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:58 am

Step 1: Display all the existing Docker Volumes. ...
Step 2: Creating a Volume. ...
Step 3: Inspecting Docker Volumes. ...
Step 4: Mounting Docker Volumes. ...
Step 5: Create a file inside the Docker Volume. ...
Step 6: Create another Container and Mount the Volume.

laurajj

Post by laurajj » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:56 am

To be truthful, this website has provided me with the greatest experience of my existence. I would also suggest donning this A Paris Proposal 2023 Alexa PenaVega Trench Coat this season, which has gotten me a lot of praise.

bernhardjami

Post by bernhardjami » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:32 am

Unfortunately, I had mapped a host directory to a container file by mistake. The container could no longer be restarted. It required me to delete the container (docker rm...) and then re-create it. Squeeze in the tunnel
basketball stars