Issues after deplying Eve Community free edition 2.0.3-112 to ESX (OVF) VM wont start

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

djmk419

Issues after deplying Eve Community free edition 2.0.3-112 to ESX (OVF) VM wont start

Post by djmk419 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:11 am

Hi all,

I have downloaded the OVF version of the Eve community free to deploy on my ESX server at home.

Eve-ng free community edition
Ready to go OVF version 2.0.3-112

My ESX host at home which has a quad core xeon processor and 24 gig of ram,

ESX host is running

ESXi 6.0.0 Build 3620759
vSphere Client 6.0.0 Build 5112508

When i try to deploy the EVE NG OVF from the official site in ESX firstly i get the first box, which states some warnings when trying to deploy, you can continue and click yes,

after deployment it shows in inventory, if i then try to start the VM it will not start, is this a known issue? is there a work around? is there a previous version of EVE-NG community free i can try where do i get this from if its available? or is this an ESX problem do i need to update the version fo ESX i am running?

Any help greatly appriciated, many thanks

(First screenshot shows the error i get when trying to deploy the OVF)

(Second screenshot shows the VM error when trying to power on the VM)
evengissues.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Issues after deplying Eve Community free edition 2.0.3-112 to ESX (OVF) VM wont start

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Use ISO option to install EVE Community on esxi, it is best recommended