unable to open console

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

gpapison

unable to open console

Post by gpapison » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:06 pm

My install is VMWorkstation 16 on a homebrew 64bit windows system running AMD Rizen2700x with 32Gb of RAM
and 1TB M2drive I am running EVE-Community Version and Release that I downloaded last week, (EVE2017007).
I have downloaded and installed EVE-NG-Win-Client-Pack-2.0. A search of my problem returned no results. I
am unable to open a console session with a Palo Alto vm. A search of YouTube provided a Video of Initial
Configuration that identified a pop up window, identifying session using vnc, that does not appear on my
installation. I do not have pop up windows blocked on either off the browsers I tied (Firefox and Chrome)

root@eve-ng~# uname -a
Linux eve-ng 4.20.17-eveng-ukms+ #2 SMP Wed Jun 5 08:18:06 CST 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GRU/Linux

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided

George

Uldis (UD)

Re: unable to open console

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Palo nodes are using VNC console, therefore you can thry html console forst
Read cookbook
HTML console you can set on the main EVE Login page set instead Native console html.
If still image is not working, the problem is in your image then, it is made wrongly

gpapison

Re: unable to open console

Post by gpapison » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:41 pm

Thanks, I was able to resolve the issue by whipping my VM and recreating my EVE-NG session. It turned out I did not fix the permissions when I loaded the image.

Cheers