[LAG ISSUE] EVE-NG Community lastest - Win Serv

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

oOScuByOo

[LAG ISSUE] EVE-NG Community lastest - Win Serv

Post by oOScuByOo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:33 am

Hello there,

I came to you for some laggy experience i encouter with my instance of EVE-NG.

First of all the context.

I was running EVE-NG community latest version on a proxmox hypervisor latest version on bare metal, over a DELL R620 2xCpu E5-2670 v1 2.60Ghz 8C (32 Core in virtualisation), 64GB Ram, 1.5T of HDD.
Allocated ressources was 28 cores (1 socket, 28 cores) on Eve VM and 52.73GB ram with 900GB HDD.

Everything look fine, i've enable Nested Virtualisation over proxmox and affected my EVE-NG VM with host CPU for launch the indeep VM (Inception)

Now i've deploy PFsense img without trouble, Ubuntu Server, Debian, and finally Windows Server 2019, everythings is ok, i have no problem with all but Windows Server 2019 seems to have a really big problem of lag ... Currently i'm only deploying the image and create the init image for added them later on my labs, but with Windows server performance i've to much problem.

I've setup my system as fallow :

CPU = 8
RAM = 8096
Qemu 4.1.0
Qemu Arch x86_64
tpl(e1000)

And add just -cpu qemu64 to let windows take my modification to CPU and RAM.

I've also tried with VNC and RDP, but still laggy

I really don't know how to get my system a little less laggy, cause at this time, it's an absolutly nightmare to deploy somes services and test.

Any help would be appreciated.

Uldis (UD)

Re: [LAG ISSUE] EVE-NG Community lastest - Win Serv

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:13 pm

Did you see EVE supported platforms
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/docume ... quirement/

Proxmox is that bad story in your case mate

oOScuByOo

Re: [LAG ISSUE] EVE-NG Community lastest - Win Serv

Post by oOScuByOo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:06 pm

Haha,

thanks mate, didn't see this so far, only watch the hardware requierements =='

I've initialy use EVE-NG over a XCP-NG distro but on my Dell PowerEdge T110 II i can deploy images, but on My R620 it keep crashing the server itch time ...

I'll give a try to VMWare ESXi 6.0 or later and see if it change something ...

Thanks for your help, i'll update this post if it work, so others don't have to ask for it ... ^^